Clarke County Speedway, LLC
2015 FWD Street Stock Division Rules
2015 changes are bold and underlined
Disclaimer: Clarke County Speedway, LLC. does not imply or guarantee safety. Total responsibility of vehicle safety and rule compliance is owner/driver, not Clarke County Speedway, LLC. Officials reserve the right to alter program or purse structure in the interest of time restraints. Clarke County Speedway officials have all rights to refuse any vehicle entered into any event.
14 yrs & parent signature or older for FWD.
1. Racing seats and belts are mandatory. 4 point harness is required. Racing window net is required on the drivers side door. No wire screen or plastic netting will be allowed. Drivers under the age of 16 must have fire suits, racing gloves, racing shoes, neck brace and full face helmet. Drivers over the age of 16, it is mandatory to have a fire proof jacket, long pants, neck brace, gloves, and a full face helmet. Recommended to have a FULL fire suit (Jacket and pants) and racing shoes. Quick release steering wheel recommended. Full 4 point cage, door to door, firewall to firewall is required. Inch and a half or greater pipe, .095 or greater thickness is required. Two drivers door bars or more are mandatory. Minimum of 3 windshield bars and wire screen is mandatory in front of driver.
2. Cars must be strictly stock. 4 and 6 cylinder only. No full size cars. No superchargers. No turbos. No trucks or minivans. Motor and trans-axle must remain stock.
3. All doors, hoods and trunk lids must be chained, bolted or pinned. No bolts or other objects protruding from the sides of car will be allowed. All chrome, glass, mirrors and exterior plastics must be removed. No extra reinforcement allowed unless between wheels on drivers side. Mandatory enclosure in drivers compartment of all electric, fuel, transmission, & coolant lines in rubber hose or steel pipe.
4. Stock front and rear bumper recommended. Fabricated tubular bumpers allowed, but must be covered by plastic nose or tail piece and bent to fit with rounded ends. Front and rear bumper bar must be maximum 1 inch O.D. Mounted to stock location only. Nose cones are allowed over bumpers.
5. Battery must be securely fastened in stock position or on passenger floor. If on the passenger floor, must be in a marine case or steel box with a secured lid. If marine case is used, battery must be bolted to floor separate from case.
6. Fuel tank may be left in stock location. Highly recommended to put boat tank or fuel cell in trunk. Must be securely mounted with complete firewall.92% octane or less.
7. May use DOT approved tire or racing tire. Ex. (Hoosier or American Racer for racing tire) Stock or racing steel wheels allowed. No snow or all-terrain tires. No chains or hubcaps. All tires must be the same size. Tires may be ground, siped, or grooved within the tread and it may not pass the factory straight line.
8. Must have visible tow hooks on the front and rear of car.
9. TRANS-AXLE: Cars with locked, welded, modified posi-traction or modified limited slip differentials are ILLEGAL. TEST OF STOCK TRANS-AXLE: With one wheel jacked up and the other wheel on the ground, wheel must rotate 360 degrees with transmission in neutral.
10. No transmitting devises. RaceCeiver is allowed but not mandatory.
All classes may be teched weekly. If you are found illegal you will lose points and money for that night. All cars must pass a safety inspection and comply with the official’s decision on make/model, to be safe and equally competitive. Unobserved items escaping detection during inspection does not make them legal. Non-conformance to the rules will be called illegal. All permitted LEGAL exceptions to the rules will be noted by Clarke County Speedway on the entry blank.
Rules subject may change without notice
Any questions or information call 641-414-9104